Kaurava Kunda is one of the immensely exciting adventure places near Bangalore. If you are tired and exhausted with your monotonous routine life, Kaurava Kunda trek will
provide you with much-needed relaxation and excitement.
It is located almost 70 km from Bangalore in the Chikkaballapur district of Karnataka. The 250 meters height of the peak is ideal for trekkers who love trek trails full
of boulders and pebbles and grassy hilltop.
This popular night trek destination has twin peaks named the Pandavas and the Kauravas from the famous mythological tale Mahabharata. Hariharapura Village is the starting
point of the trekking, followed by a Shiva Temple in the midway.
September to February, the winter months are the perfect time to visit the place and witness the mesmerizing views of the surroundings. As it is less known to travelers,
you can have some beautiful moments captured in the natural environment close to clouds.
Among the various adventure places near Bangalore, Kaurava Kunda offers a peaceful and serene atmosphere for meditation sessions as well. Enjoy the dark and windy night
sky under the stars and sleeping in the tents. Try to hit the place on full moon night with warm clothes and sleeping bags.
About the place
The Kaurava Kunda Trek is a popular destination for tourists looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. The trek offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains,
lakes, and forests, and is a perfect opportunity to get away from it all and enjoy some peace and quiet. The prime attractions at Kaurava Kunda Trek are:
- The stunning views of the surrounding mountains, lakes, and forests
- The opportunity to get away from it all and enjoy some peace and quiet
- The variety of flora and fauna that can be found in the area
- The numerous hiking trails that crisscross the region
- The chance to camp under the stars in one of the many scenic spots...
Safety precautions for Shingles
Shingles is a viral infection that causes a painful rash. It is important to take some safety precautions if you plan on going on the Kaurava Kunda trek. Here are some tips:
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing. Shingles can cause the skin to be very sensitive
- Apply sunscreen before heading out. The rash can make your skin more vulnerable to sunburn
- Bring along pain relievers such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen. The rash can be very painful
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids. This will help your body fight off the infection
- Avoid touching or scratching the rash. This can lead to further irritation and even infection
- 6:30 AM Pickup starts from Bangalore
- 7:45 AM Reach Hariharapura
- 7:45 AM Start trek towards hill top
- 10:00 AM Have breakfast
- 10:30 AM Reach Kaurava Kunda hill top
- We will spend some time at the falls and enjoy the clouds passing by
- 2:00 PM Have lunch
- 2:30 PM Visit Shiva Temple
- 6:45 AM Start towards Bengaluru
You Should Know
- As this is a monsoon season, rain gears are mandatory for all participants.
- The team/Organizers are not responsible for any loss of your valuables
- We do not entertain Alcohol/any kind of Drug during the event
- We strictly follow the "Litter free Atmosphere", do co-operate
- Kindly adhere to the instructions of the Leads in order to enjoy the road trip in a safe manner
We will be following below measures to keep our fellow travelers safe during this pandemic -
- Participants should get masks and sanitizers of their own
- People falling under the age group of below 16 and above 50 are not allowed (having their health as our concern)
- Participants with any symptoms of cough/cold/fever are advised to stay back
- We ensure that the place of stay is well sanitized and safe for travelers
You Should Carry
- Sports shoes or trekking shoes in good condition
- Rain coat/Poncho
- Water bottles
- Energy bars, dry fruits, etc.
- Personal medication
- Sweater/ jackets for the night
- Toiletries (napkin, tissues, etc.)
- Flashlight/Torch with extra batteries
- Track pants and cotton T-shirt
Please check the travel instructions issued by the state govrenment/local authorities
before booking, as some destinations may have COVID-19 related travel/camping restrictions.