Baraadsar Lake located at a height of 4300m between Rupin and Supin valleys in Western Garhwal. The trekking community is not familiar with Baraadsar but the
lake is popular among the locals as it is considered sacred for them. Legend has it that a prayer in Baraadsar never goes unanswered. Starting from the Rupin
Valley, the approach to the Lake is initially through various villages, then through forest and subsequently over a ridge separating the Rupin and Supin.
The ridge walk, which takes close to three days, provides excellent views in all directions. The final climb takes one to a high ridge at 4400m overlooking
the Lake and the view from the ridge is stunning. You get commanding views of a massive bowl-shaped snow field that resembled a cauldron. There are high
ridges in all directions and in the middle of this ‘cauldron’ slightly lies the Baraadsar Lake. The Lake is about four hundred metres long and remains
frozen for most of the year. You can descend into the Supin Valley and join the trail used by the locals if you are interested in a circular trek.
This is a Beginners trek that takes you. You thought mountain Village Meadows and think forests towards the easy Swargarohini peck Bandar Pooch and Kalanag
toward the west are the peaks around kinnaur the Supin Valley Offers some amazing campsites!!! There is a certain mystique Attached to high altitude Riged Mountain
tends to be anything Across a lake you are left wondering how it was formed. I was winding op a trek in western at .Gharwal’s. This region is close to the
Uttarakhand and , Himachal Pradesh Border.!!
- Sarutal (2000 m)
- Badang (2600 m)
- Masunda Dhar (3600 m)
- Ddalkadhar (3650 m)
- Baraadsar Ridge (4400 m)
- Duration: 9 Days (Dehradun TO Dehradun)
- Summer Temperature: Baraadsar base +5° C to +20° C
- Winter Temperature: Baraadsar Trek– 3°C to – 5° C – And Base Camp Baraadsar / -5°C to -8°C – winter December to Jan
- Trek Level: Easy
- Trek distance: On foot 32 Km
Day 1: Pick up to You from Dehradun to Sankri Drive (210km) (7/8 Hrs) from Dehradun to Himari camp (1920mt)Night stay ay our Himari camp
- Take an overnight train to Dehradun from Delhi. New Delhi-Dehradun A/C special train from New Delhi station is the best option. The train reaches Dehradun at 5.40 am. Harkidun protection and mountaineering association arranges transportation for you from Dehradun to Sankri and back. The transport is in Zylo and Max, Bolaro. Through the Yamuna and Tons valleys across the Yamuna bridge, Nainbagh, Nowgaon, Purola, Jarmola (Jarmola is one of the biggest and most beautiful pine forests in Asia), Mori and Netwar. Himari camp is beautiful camp near by Rupin River. serve simple yet delicious food. Dinner and overnight stay in tents
Day 2: After breakfast from Himari to Sarutal by Trek (7kmt) (5/6hrs) (2000mt.) over night stay in tents
- Morning breakfast at camping side then the local to right of river Rupin (1500m.) to Pujali Village and to Bitari Village walk past well kept mountain village and small fields at reached Bitri (2,500m.) the last village temple with its exquisite architecture dominated the landscape we camped a kilometer further in a large meadow which doubles up as a children playground.Over Night Sarutal stay Camping at Tent !!
Day 3: After breakfast from Sarutal To Badang by trek (8/9kmt) (6/7 hrs)( (2600mt.) over night stay in tents
- Morning breakfast at the camp and then treak start the area into a bright green land and this day two camp was at Masundha Dhar (3,600m.) which is a high point on the ridge dividing the Rupin and Supin valley and views in all direction. To wards the north clearly in view was the Baraadsar Ridge across the Rupin we could see west peaks of Himachal. Early morning views from Masundha Dhar were special. Special to the Swargarohini (6,352mt.) this is a mountain massif with four separate peaks it is a dramatic mountain: over night to Badang Campig at tent!!
Day 4: After breakfast from Badang to Masunda Dhar (Vijay Top) by trek (5kmt)(4/5hrs) (3600m) over night stay in tents
- After breakfast start trek to start Masundha Dhar to Dhalka Dhar(5kms), Day four was one of the high lights of the trek we walked along grass slopes thought the day. up to Dhalka Dhar(35,00m.) at 3,500m. We were above the tree line and at the head of the Supin Valley we could see views of the large meadow Vishkhopdi khimloga Pass vish being poison and Khopdi meaning brian over night camping Masunda Dhar at tent!!
Day 5: After breakfast from Masunda Dhar to Ddalkadhar (Devbasa) by trek (5/7kmt) (4/5hrs) (3650mt) over night stay in tents
- Morning breakfast start trek to Dhalka Dhar to Dev Basa (3,650m.) As we moved closer to the Baraadsar Ridge we noticed there had been a liberal spray of snow the climb seemed daunting By early afternoon we reached the base of the Baraadsar Ridge from where the final climb to the lake starts We were at Camp Dave Bhasa(3,650m.)
Day 6: After breakfast from Dev Basa to Baraadsar Ridge by trek (12kmt) (9hrs) (4,400mt.) over night stay in tents
- Morning breakfast at Camp and Radi of pack Launch and Start treak of the Baraadsar Ridge walk meadows 6km. at the near Baraadsar lake we were looking into a massive there where high ridge in all direction and in the middle lower down in the Baraadsar lake in the back ground beyond the ridges view Neel Kamal, Fenkamal and Baramkamal famase Valley and mountain peaks; the minute they right sight of the lake our team of local porters started to pray and lit agarbatis in offering after return to meadow below Dav Bhasa.!!
Day 7: After breakfast from Dev Basa to RalaVillage (fhitari Village) (13kmt) (6/7hrs)(2,000m.)over night stay in tents
- Easy Day Follow trail on the way village on Rahla Fhitari and Dhara on at hear Gods of smiswar large Temple true right of Supin River. Looking at Dhara village and camp at Over Night Stay Rala !!
Day 8: After breakfast from Rala to By Phitari Village trek to Jakhol (5/6hrs) Same day drive to Sankri (19kmt) (1900mt) over night stay in hotel.
Day 9: After breakfast from Sankri to Dehradun by taxi (210kmt) . lunch on the way, overnight stay in tents
Getting to Base Camp at Himari Sankri
- Take an overnight train to Dehradun from Delhi. New Delhi-Dehradun A/C special train from New Delhi station is the best option. The train reaches Dehradun at 5.40 am. If you Meet to our office member and drive to Sankri base camp Himari this is beautiful camp site near beautiful river , Rupin .Over night stay in tents !!
Package Cost Includes
- Transport: Dehradun to Sankri and Return
- Meals while on trek (Veg. + Egg)
- All necessary entry fees and permits
- Accommodation:- Guest house, Home stay, camping during Trek
- Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide, cook and Support staff
- First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder
- Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
- AH Staff Insurance
- Porters/mules to carry central equipment
Package Cost Excludes
- Travel from Bangalore to Dehradun
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Food during the transit
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage
- Any kind of emergency evacuation charges 6. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head
- Normally AH expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule. Charges of offloading backpack:-
- INR 1500/- if you make an online payment, 10 days in advance
- INR 1800/- if you inform us after reaching Sankri
- The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover
- Suitcases/strolleys/ bags will not be allowed
You Should Know
- Package costs includes travel only from Dehhradun to Dehradun
- As this is a monsoon season, rain gears are mandatory for all participants.
- The team/Organizers are not responsible for any loss of your valuables
- We do not entertain Alcohol/any kind of Drug during the event
- We strictly follow the "Litter free Atmosphere", do co-operate
- Kindly adhere to the instructions of the Leads in order to enjoy the road trip in a safe manner
We will be following below measures to keep our fellow travelers safe during this pandemic -
- Participants should get masks and sanitizers of their own
- People falling under the age group of below 16 and above 50 are not allowed (having their health as our concern)
- Participants with any symptoms of cough/cold/fever are advised to stay back
- We ensure that the place of stay is well sanitized and safe for travelers
You Should Carry
- Hand Sanitizer
- Torch/Head Light per person
- Sports shoes or trekking shoes in good condition
- Hiking Pole
- Rain coat/Poncho
- Water bottles
- Energy bars, dry fruits, etc.
- Personal medication
- Sweater/ jackets for the night
- Toiletries (napkin, tissues, etc.)
- Flashlight/Torch with extra batteries
- Track pants and cotton T-shirt
Please check the travel instructions issued by the state govrenment/local authorities
before booking, as some destinations may have COVID-19 related travel/camping restrictions.
- Power Backup
- Parking Facility