Agni Gudda hill is located near Agani village, 25 km from Sakleshpur, in the Hassan district of Karnataka. If you are thinking of camping overnight, Agni Gudda is one of the
best adventure places near Bangalore.
Agni Gudda means ‘fiery mountains’ because of its volcanic nature. Embrace the beauty of nature and the greenery of Sakleshpur while trekking this mountain. The place is popular
among the young generation who wants to indulge in thrilling activities.
The abode of nature is surrounded by picturesque views of lush green forests, thus making it an ideal shooting location for several South Indian and Bollywood movies.
You can relieve yourself from the monotonous life, and discover the most exhilarating spot to unleash your excitement and adventure. The 3 km trek is a moderate climb to the hilltop.
Among the various adventure places near Bangalore, this place offers a four hours trek. So, it is a fun experience for the hikers and trekkers who are beginners.
Explore this place, as well as Manjarabad Fort, present nearby, from October to March. A 600-year-old Bettada Byraveshwara temple present near to this place is also a delightful
experience to visit.
You can spot plenty of rice terrains from the top of the mountain. Capture the beautiful panoramic view on your camera. It is a trekker’s delight so camping,
picnicking are the highlights of Agni Gudda.
About the place
Agni Gudda is located in the Western Ghats of Karnataka, about 9km from Jog Falls. It is known for its natural beauty and serenity. The trek to Agni Gudda starts from a small
village called Kuruvalli. The trekking trail is easy to follow and is well-marked...
Attributes of Agni Gudda
Agni Gudda is a popular trekking destination located in Karnataka, India. The name Agni Gudda translates to ‘Fire Hill’, named so because of the red soil found
on the hill. It is said that the hill was once part of a volcano.
Agni Gudda is known for its natural beauty and its many attributes make it a perfect trekking destination. The hill is surrounded by forests and has several
streams flowing through it, making it a very scenic spot. There are also several temples located on the hill, which add to its appeal.
The hill is also home to a variety of wildlife, including leopards, deer, wild boar and even elephants. This makes it a great spot for wildlife enthusiasts.
Agni Gudda is a great trekking destination for both beginners and experienced trekkers. The hill is not too challenging to climb and the views from the top are
simply stunning. If you’re looking for a place where you can be treated like royalty, Agni Gudda is the perfect spot for you!
Tips for Your Trek
- Start early: The best time to start your trek is early in the morning, around 6 AM. This will help you avoid the heat of the day and make the most of the cool weather
- Dress appropriately: Make sure you are dressed for the occasion. Wear comfortable shoes and clothes that you can move around easily in
- Bring plenty of water: It is important to stay hydrated during your trek. Bring along enough water for yourself and for your fellow trekkers
- Be prepared: Before embarking on your trek, make sure you are prepared mentally and physically. Read up on the route and familiarize yourself with the terrain
- Enjoy your surroundings: Take in the scenery and enjoy the experience of being in nature. Allow yourself to be awed by the beauty around you
- 11:00 PM Pickup starts from Bangalore
- 6:30 AM Reach Sakleshpur. Freshen up
- 7:00 AM Have breakfast, & we'll get lunch packed
- 8:00 AM Start trek towards Agni Gudda
- We will spend some time at the peak and enjoy the clouds passing by
- 2:00 PM Have lunch
- 2:30 PM Move towards homestay and take some rest
- 3:30 PM We will be visiting a small hill which is at a short distance of about 3 to 4 kms from the homestay. This is an off-road trail to some plantations
- 5:30 PM We will reach homestay and take some rest
- Play the in-door and out-door games
- Evening snacks along with coffee/tea will be provided and we will have fun activities
- We will have dinner and rest for the day
- 6:45 AM Start towards Bengaluru and have breakfast on the way (self-sponsored)
You Should Know
- As this is a monsoon season, rain gears are mandatory for all participants.
- The team/Organizers are not responsible for any loss of your valuables
- We do not entertain Alcohol/any kind of Drug during the event
- We strictly follow the "Litter free Atmosphere", do co-operate
- Kindly adhere to the instructions of the Leads in order to enjoy the road trip in a safe manner
We will be following below measures to keep our fellow travelers safe during this pandemic -
- Participants should get masks and sanitizers of their own
- People falling under the age group of below 16 and above 50 are not allowed (having their health as our concern)
- Participants with any symptoms of cough/cold/fever are advised to stay back
- We ensure that the place of stay is well sanitized and safe for travelers
You Should Carry
- Torch per person
- Sports shoes or trekking shoes in good condition
- Rain coat/Poncho
- Water bottles
- Energy bars, dry fruits, etc.
- Personal medication
- Sweater/ jackets for the night
- Toiletries (napkin, tissues, etc.)
- Flashlight/Torch with extra batteries
- Track pants and cotton T-shirt
Please check the travel instructions issued by the state govrenment/local authorities
before booking, as some destinations may have COVID-19 related travel/camping restrictions.